Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back that thing up!

Yesterday the movers hooked up the two dollies to the steel under my house. This morning they came out and hooked up their truck. Once everything was tight, they "backed" the house up, to position it to be pulled out into the field.

I am hopeful that they will be able to travel the first 100 yards tomorrow, but we'll see how that goes. I took down some more fence today, and a tree will have to come down tomorrow to allow for the initial movement away from the current site. After that, everything should be in line for Saturday.

It looks like the weather is supposed to be sunny and hot on Saturday, so we shouldn't have any snow or hurricanes to delay the move another week.

Here are the two pics I got from today. More to come soon.

From House Moving ...


On the long neglected music front, I strongly suggest the song "Librarian" by My Morning Jacket. The first time I heard this song, I thought of a beautiful friend of mine who was horrible offended when a man told her that her glasses made her look like a librarian. I thought it was quite a compliment, but I don't think she ever saw it that way! Here is a live video of the song.



BBK

No comments: